Increase access to learning experiences and environments that are high quality, developmentally appropriate and affordable.
As a Council we will:
- Provide educational opportunities for early childhood professionals in order to increase quality in the workforce, including coaching and trainings.
- Assist local licensed childcare providers in seeking grants and local funding to supplement the cost of providing childcare and quality improvement.
- Support and increase the number of licensed providers and slots through outreach and referrals to potential home providers.
- Provide services and scholarships to improve the quality rating of licensed early learning programs in Gunnison and Hinsdale counties.
- Support implementation of the Pyramid Model in collaboration with the Pyramid Model Leadership Team and regional Early Childhood Development Collaborative, including expansion of services to Hinsdale County and currently unserved licensed child care providers in Gunnison County.
- Provide Expanding Quality in Infant and Toddler Care course once per year or as needed, and associated coaching.
- Explore solutions for increased access to flexible childcare options, including summer care, weekend care, and holiday care.
Colorado Shines Website
Colorado Early Learning and Development Guidelines
Colorado Early Learning Development Guidelines - English (PDF)
Colorado Early Learning Development Guidelines - Spanish (PDF)