Colorado Medicaid

For more information about how Medicaid can help you pay for long term care help in your home, as well as Assisted Living or Nursing Facility, visit the Colorado Official State Web Portal. Click on the "Persons over 65″ section, print and complete both parts, including all required signatures. To complete the application, Department of Human Services will need copies of the following (if applicable):

  • Proof of all income (social security, railroad benefits, pensions, retirements, trusts, etc)
  • Social Security award letter
  • Bank statements
  • Investment: stocks / bonds / annuities / IRA / 401k
  • Trust statements
  • Life insurance policies
  • Burial policies / accounts
  • Social Security card
  • Medicare card
  • Medicare Part D card
  • Power of Attorney (Medical and Financial) or guardianship / conservatorship documents

Once this information had been gathered, please mail or deliver, along with the completed application, to:

Gunnison County Dept of Health and Human Services

220 N Spruce Street
Suite A
Gunnison, CO 81230

Or you can apply online.

For more information, call (970) 641-3244 and ask for Eligibility.