Gunnison Valley RTA provides limited transportation services for seniors, with wheelchair accessible vehicles. In Gunnison call (970) 596-6700 to schedule a ride. Crested Butte residents may call (970) 275-4768 to schedule transportation needs. For more information you can visit the Gunnison Valley RTA website.
Guardianship & Conservatorship
The required forms for filing for guardianship and conservatorship in Colorado can be printed from the self-help center on the Colorado State Judicial website (look under "Guardian & Conservator")
Veteran’s may receive assistance with questions about services or benefits by contacting Gunnison County’s Veteran’s Services Officer, Steve Otero at (970) 641-7919. To view the County Veteran’s Services page, click here. To view the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs, click here.
For information about Social Security or to apply for extra help with the cost of a Medicare Part D prescription drug plan visit the Official Website of the U.S. Social Security Administration.
For more information about Medicare visit the Official U.S. Government Site for Medicare.
The Gunnison County Housing Authority provides information on housing resources, including the Mountain View Apartments (Independent Living for those over 62 years of age). Contact them at (970) 641-7900 or visit the Gunnison County Housing Authority.
Health & Human Services
Gunnison County Department of Health and Human Services provides assistance with LEAP, food assistance, Medicaid, Adult Protective Services, Old Age Pension, and much more. Contact them at (970) 641-3244 or visit the Gunnison County Department of Health and Human Services Department.
- In a Crisis? Call (970) 252-6220
- Depression and mental illnesses require the support of a professional who can provide support and guidance. If you, or someone you know, needs support don’t wait. Call The Center for Mental Health at (970) 252-3200.
- Find out if your depressed with this online screening tool
- Twelve Step Meetings in Gunnison (AA, NA, and Gambler’s Anonymous) - Meetings vary throughout the week. Call (970) 245-9649 or go to www.aa-westerncolorado.org for a current schedule and location.
Here is a listing of some of the supports available in the Gunnison area:
- In-home Care offered by Touch of Care (Private pay or Medicaid) 1-866-874-6115.
- Caregiver support to include Home Health, Palliative Care contact Nici Graves at (970) 641-4254
- Home delivered meals are available for a fee by contacting (within Gunnison city limits) Young At Heart at (970) 641-2107 Monday, Wednesday, and Friday between the hours of 8:00 AM and 11:00 AM. For areas outside Young at Heart’s delivery area, check out Mom’s Meals.
Energy Outreach Colorado raises funds to help thousands of low-income Coloradans afford home energy and remain warm and safe in their homes. Households that qualify can apply for the LEAP program, the CARE program, or the CIP program. For more information click here and look for Energy Assistance Programs.
Visit or call our office at 220 North Spruce Street or call (970) 641-3244 for more information on how these programs can assist you. You can also contact the Gunnison Valley Regional Housing Authority’s GV-HEATprogram at 970-234-5613 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get help with your needs.
Visit or call our office at (970) 641-3244 for more information on how such programs like Energy Outreach Colorado, LEAP, and The Community Service Block Grant can provide assistance to you.