Plumbing Permits

Gunnison County does not perform plumbing inspections. Plumbing permits are issued, and inspections are conducted by a state plumbing inspector.

State Plumbing Inspector

Andy Clark at 303-869-3471

State Plumbing Information

Information about contacting the state and securing permits online is available from the Colorado State Plumbing Board.

Plumbing Contractors

Plumbing contractors are required to take out permits on jobs performed by their companies. The master plumber's signature is required on all permit applications. A contractor may not do work on a "homeowner" issued permit.


Homeowners may do their own plumbing installation on their residence if the following is true: the work is personally performed by the homeowner and the property is not for sale, resale, is not rental property, which is occupied or is to be occupied by tenants for lodging, either transient or permanent; and is not generally open to the public.