Flood Maps

To find out if a property is located in a Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA), you can visit FEMA's National Flood Hazard Layer (NFHL) Viewer, or FEMA's Map Service Center. Additionally, you can go to Gunnison County's Map Viewer to locate your property and apply different layers, including FEMA's regulatory floodplain, to see the hazards that exist at the property.

Letters Of Map Change (LOMC's)

If you believe a property is currently located outside of a mapped floodplain based on existing elevations you can apply for a Letter Of Map Amendment (LOMA). If you have obtained the necessary permits, and brought in fill to elevate a structure out of the floodplain, or a Letter Of Map Revision based on Fill (LOMR-F). To apply for either a LOMA or LOMR-F, visit FEMA's Letter of Map Amendment & Letter of Map Revision-Based on Fill Process page for more information and how to apply.