Nurse-Family Partnership is a program for women who are having their first baby. If you enroll, a specially trained nurse will visit you in your home throughout pregnancy and continue to visit until your baby is two years old.
The Nurse-Family Partnership is free to all eligible women.
Any woman who is pregnant with her first child and meets income requirements is eligible to enroll in the program. To sign up call (970) 641-3244.
Your nurse will visit every week or two during your pregnancy and up until your baby is two years old. You and your nurse will decide the exact schedule.
What the Nurse Helps With
- Becoming a better parent
- Building a strong network of support for me and my baby
- Finding ways to continue my education and develop job skills
- Getting referrals for healthcare, childcare, job training, and other support services available in my community
- Having a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby
- Making my home a safe place for my baby to live and play
- Setting goals for my family's future and find ways to help me reach them
Fathers & Other Participants
- Because you are the one who carries the baby and you are the first person to take care of your baby, you are the one who is actually enrolled in the program and you are the main focus of the nurse.
- Fathers, family members, and even friends are encouraged to be involved in the visits and learn how they can best support you.
- You and your nurse decide who gets involved.
For more information:
- Visit the Nurse-Family Partnership program for first time moms by clicking here.