Taxing Districts and Authorities
Every property is located within one of several taxing districts. View the district map (PDF) for more detail. Each taxing district is comprised of several Taxing Authorities. (Note: This distinction can be
Each taxing authority establishes a mill levy for their operations, which is reflected on your property tax bill, and in your property record. Some taxing authorities such as Gunnison County, provide service to all properties in the
- The Assessor's Office does not set any tax levy or establish any mill rate.
- All school property tax is established and levied by the school district boards.
- All county property tax is established and levied by the County Commissioners.
- All city and town property tax
isestablished and levied by city and town councils.
- All water, sanitation, fire protection, metropolitan, and miscellaneous district property taxes are established and levied by their respective boards.
Identify Your Tax District
To identify which tax district your property is located within, view the district map (PDF). To determine which taxing districts affect your property, pull up your property record in the Property Record Search. Click on your account number to link to your property record card and look for the Tax District number on the top right side of the page. This number represents the group of taxing districts that provide service to your property and that levy tax against your property. To