How do I set up utilities in my name?

Gunnison County sewer and water bills are attached to the real property served. Generally, owner billing information is obtained from a general warranty deed during the closing process. Please call Finance at 970-641-2203 to verify that this has taken place, especially if you did not utilize a closing company during the purchase of your property.

If you are a renter, Gunnison County only allows property owners to change the billing responsibility since unpaid sewer and water bills have the potential to become tax liens upon the property. Please have the legal owner contact Finance at 970-641-2203 for additional information.

Show All Answers

1. How do I contact a city/county department?
2. Where can I find the answers to my frequently asked questions?
3. What are the requirements for becoming a resident of Colorado?
4. How do I set up utilities in my name?