Land Use Change Permits


There is no zoning in Gunnison County. Any change to a parcel, whether it's a boundary line adjustment, a subdivision, a theme park, a mining operation, or any other use or alteration of the property, must obtain a Land Use Change Permit, which approves a specific use, but does not establish a zone for the area in which the parcel is located.

The classification of a parcel by the Gunnison County Assessor's office for taxing purposes and does not necessarily indicate an approved use for the property.

Classification of Uses

Proposed uses are classified into four impact classifications: