To Provide Facilitation & CWPP Development Services in Support of the Gunnison County Community Wildfire Protection Plan (CWPP)
West Region Wildfire Council (WRWC) is a registered 501c3 nonprofit organization based in Ridgway, CO that provides wildfire risk reduction services within Delta, Gunnison, Hinsdale, Montrose, Ouray and San Miguel Counties. WRWC is seeking proposals from qualified firms (referenced as Contractor) with a relevant understanding of and experience with:
• Complex project management.
• Collaborative meeting facilitation and gathering input from a variety of stakeholders.
• Wildfire hazards and the risks that unplanned wildfire poses to a variety of values including wildland urban interface, wildlife habitat, ecosystems, recreational resources, critical infrastructure, watersheds, water infrastructure/resources and others.
• Proven, effective and realistic wildfire risk mitigation strategies, techniques and methods.
• Developing and writing Community Wildfire Protection Plans or similar planning documents.
Although Gunnison County has a Community Wildfire Protection Plan (CWPP) completed in 2011, it is recommended that CWPPs are revisited every 5 years. This project is being treated as a new CWPP that should meet the Colorado State Forest Service (CSFS) 2022 minimum standards and guidelines for developing CWPPs. Additionally, Gunnison County has a number of existing plans/studies that may be beneficial to utilize when updating CWPP, these may include (but aren’t limited to):
• The 2019 Gunnison County Community Planning Assistance for Wildfire (CPAW) report, and the associated adoption of the 2021 International Wildland Urban Interface Code (Resolution No. 2022-33).
• 2011 Gunnison County CWPP
• 2021 Gunnison County Hazard Mitigation Plan
• 2023 Upper Gunnison River Water Conservancy District 2023 Wildfire Watershed Hazard Assessment and Zones of Concern