Multicultural Resources provides access to healthcare through multilingual Health Navigation services. As a part of Public Health, Interpretation and Translation services are provided to clients on an as needed basis.
The Health Navigator can also:
- Provide community with culturally appropriate materials and services.
- Provide statistical information for community planning.
- Work with community providers to promote culturally diverse, sensitive and affordable health services.
As part of the Colorado Health Foundation and the City of Gunnison Public Service Grant Program requirements, the Gunnison County Multicultural Resource Services hosted a Community Café with over fifty Spanish-speaking adults who provided input on the following topics: Parenting Classes & Childcare; Healthy Eating & Active Living; Health & Housing; Communication; and Mental Health. Participants discussed (in Spanish) at the tables with a host taking notes. The resulting living document that can be updated and used for strategic planning. To learn more please review the following document:
Cafe de Comunidad - Community Cafe (PDF)
For more information, please contact (970) 641-3244.
Healthy Communities Program
The Healthy Communities Program serves children, young adults and pregnant women eligible for Health First Colorado or Colorado Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+) programs at no cost to families. About 100 Family Health Coordinators of the Healthy Communities Program provide outreach, navigation and health education, free of charge, to newly eligible members and families wanting to apply for coverage.
Benefits and Services
- Help with completing Medical Assistance Program Applications
- Navigating Health Care Systems of Care
- Understanding coverage and benefits
- Providing referrals to community resources and providers
- Educating families on enrollment/re-enrollment issues, preventing gaps in coverage, the benefits of developing a relationship with their primary care medical provider to lead a “health neighborhood,” appropriate use of medical services, and more.
To contact a Family Health Coordinator, please call (970) 641-3244