Choice Pass Scholarships
Scholarship Guidelines 2019-2020:
GCSAPP is pleased to announce Choice Pass Scholarships are supported by the Daniels Fund and the Choice Pass Community Fund a component fund of the Community Foundation of the Gunnison Valley. Applications are now being accepted. The application deadline is October 18, 2019 for scholarships to be awarded on October 25, 2019 .Please mail or hand deliver any scholarship applications to 200 E. Virginia Avenue, Gunnison, CO 81230.
- Awards may be 50 to 100% of the financial assistance requested for activities by applicants. Once scholarships are awarded and paid; decisions are final.
- Scholarships are limited to a one time award for the 2019 to 2020 year per applicant.
- If the scholarship recipient breaks their Choice Pass pledge over the course of the year they will be required to complete 10 to 20 hours of community service to pay back their scholarship.
- Organizations will invoice GCSAPP for the full amount of the activity fee, pass, membership, or rental gear.
- Recipients will be responsible for the paying the balance to the organization.
Choice Pass Scholarship Application Requirements:
Applicants must complete the Choice Pass Scholarship Application and turn it in based on the deadlines listed above.
- Applicants may provide proof of financial need by obtaining documentation from various community resources available such as a pay stub, any type of public assistance, or free/reduced lunch and a brief statement of need.
- Applicants are required to submit a Thank You letter to the Choice Pass Committee by 01/01/2020. All required letters may be mailed to 200 E. Virginia, Gunnison, CO 81230.
- Recipients who do not meet all the application requirements will not be eligible for awards in future years.
Choice Pass Scholarship Review Process:
The Scholarship Review Committee is comprised of the Choice Pass Committee; a group of volunteers in the Gunnison Valley. The Choice Pass Committee will meet after October 18th to review applications and announce scholarship awards by October 25, 2019.
- Applications will be reviewed "blind," without applicant names visible to ensure fairness.
- Award information will be held confidential, only shared between GCSAPP and the applicants receiving the award.
GCSAPP Choice Pass Scholarship provides financial support for Choice Pass Holders to participate in healthy activities that support the GCSAPP mission.
The Choice Pass Community Fund is a component fund of the Community Foundation of the Gunnison Valley.