Schedule of Project Meetings or Milestones
- July 17, 2013 at 5:30 pm; Community Meeting; Gunnison County Fairgrounds. (Slideshow)
- The public is welcome to attend this meeting to learn more about the project's process, schedule, site analysis, needs analysis, and more! Light refreshments will be served.
- August 12, 2013; Schematic Design Development.
- August 15, 2013 at 2:00 pm MST; Deadline for Responses to the Advertisement and Notice of Invitation Request for Qualifications for Construction Manager/General Contractor Services for the New Gunnison County, Colorado Courthouse Project. (Full Notice)
- August 28, 2013 at 5:30 pm; Community Meeting; Gunnison County Fairgrounds. (Slideshow)
- The public is welcome to attend this meeting to provide input on design alternatives. Light refreshments will be served.
- September 20, 2013; Begin Design Development Refinement.
- October 2, 2013 at 5:30 pm; Community Meeting; Gunnison County Fairgrounds. (Slideshow)
- The public is welcome to attend this meeting to learn more about the project's process, schedule, and more! Light refreshments will be served.
- November 27, 2013; Begin Construction Document Production.
- December 27, 2013; Move All Offices Out of Existing Building.
- January 8, 2014 at 5:30 pm; Gunnison County Courthouse Contractor Outreach Meeting; Gunnison County Fairgrounds. Gunnison County and GE Johnson Construction Company are interested in local participation by qualified Gunnison County contractors for performing work on the Gunnison County Courthouse. This meeting will be a general presentation of the project, the schedule, the bid items, the bid process and the subcontracting process and documents. Please attend this meeting if you are interested. (Flyer)
- February 3, 2014; Abatement.
- March 3, 2014; Demolition of Existing Building.
- April 7, 2014; Start New Construction.
- April 22, 2014 at 4:00 pm; Groundbreaking Ceremony.
- May 15 2015; Issuance of Temporary Certificate of Occupancy (TCO).
- May 18-31, 2015; Phased occupancy for all relative County and Court offices. Please note that some offices may be able to provide only basic service during this transition.
- May 29, 2015, 5:00 - 7:00 pm; Public Open House and Ribbon Cutting Ceremony. (5/15/15 News Release)
Local Economic Impact
Throughout the term of the project, over 30% of the direct costs (representing $4,088,297) have been injected back into the local economy as a result of utilizing over 30 local subcontractors and many other non-local subcontractors (see below) for various aspects of the project who, in turn, hired local workers and spent money at local hotels, restaurants and suppliers.
|All County Survey|
|Alpine Street Sweeping|
|Blue Mesa Lumber|
|C & C Building & Design|
|CB Faux Finishing|
|Centennial State Roofing Company|
|Colorado Hazard Control, LLC|
|Concrete Systems, Inc.|
|Crystal Clear Window Washing|
|GE Johnson Construction Company (to the following subcontractors):|
|-----David Neff, Design & Service|
|-----Golden Eagle Trash Service|
|-----Gunnison Construction and Septic Services|
|Grant Frerich Painting|
|High Mountain Concepts|
|Jim Thomas Construction|
|MJM Project Consulting, LLC|
|Rivers Edge Studio|
|Rocky Mountain Masonry|
|Sign Guys and Gal|
|T & A, Inc.|
|Western Slope Connection|
|Western Slope Fire & Safety|
|NON-LOCAL SUBCONTRACTORS (Note: This is not the full list of subcontractors who worked on the project. This is only the list of subcontractors who are calculated into the local-spend figure of $4,088,297.)|
|CML RW Security|
|Concepts in Millwork|
|Douglass Colony Group|
|Midwest Steel Works, Inc./Pinnacle Constructors|
|National Coatings, Inc.|
|Otis Elevator Company|
|Pavement Maintenance Services|
|Pinnacle Glass Company|
|Quality Garage Doors|
Historical Project Documents
- Historical Photos of the Gunnison County Courthouse
- Gunnison County Courthouse Site Plan
- Available As-Built Drawings
- June 24, 1998; Existing Building Conditions Draft Report, Gunnison County Jail (old jail)
- 1999; Gunnison County, Colorado Criminal Justice Master Plan (Liebert & Associates, RNL Design, Allied Correctional Services)
- June 16, 2000; Program Plan of Courts, District Attorney and Probation
- May 10, 2005; Space Utilization Study
- June 15, 2010; Gunnison County Final TEA Report Powerpoint/Contract
- March 26, 2013; Courthouse Needs & Systems Assessments, Space Planning and Basic Building Programming
- August 2013; Gunnison County Newsletter Article (Pages 6 and 8)