Permit Not Required Classification
The following Administrative Review Projects may require a Building Permit, an Individual Sewage Disposal System Permit, an Access Permit, Reclamation Permit, or other county permits, but do not require an additional Land Use Change Permit; such projects must comply with all the other requirements of the Gunnison County Land Use Resolution.
Alteration and Repair of Existing Service or Distributions Lines
Conversion of above-ground distribution lines or service lines to underground distribution or service lines located substantially within an existing utility easement.
Attached Wireless Telecommunications Device
Attached wireless telecommunications device, pursuant to Section 9-504: Attached Wireless Telecommunications Devices.
Camping in a recreational vehicle or
Distribution or Service Line to Primary Residence
A distribution or service line providing service to a single primary residence, multiple family residences, or
Exempt Primary Residence 10,000 Square Feet or Less
A primary residence 10,000 square feet or less that is exempted by Section 1-106: Partially Exempted Land Use Changes. The residence may include an attached garage, which shall be calculated in the total square footage allowed for the residence.
Keeping of Livestock Not on an Agricultural Operation
Keeping of livestock not on an agricultural operation, pursuant to Section 9-508: Keeping of Livestock Not on an Agricultural Operation.
Satellite dishes, pursuant to Section 9-503: Satellite Dish Devices.
Secondary Structures & Uses
The following secondary structures and uses, pursuant to Section 9-101: C: Secondary Structures and Uses That Do Not Require a Land Use Change Permit:
- Barns and other agricultural buildings on an agricultural operation: A barn or other agricultural building used in conjunction with an agricultural operation.
- Barns in approved subdivisions: Barns located in approved subdivisions in which there are adopted protective covenants that allow barns and that have been approved by Gunnison County.
- Detached garage
and / orshop 750 square feet or smaller: A detached garage or shop, or combination of those uses in one structure, 750 square feet or smaller.
- Gardens and greenhouses: Private non-commercial gardens and greenhouses.
- Gardens and greenhouses that are home occupations: Gardens and greenhouses that are home occupations created and operated pursuant to Section 9-102: Home Occupations.
Horse / hayshed 500 square feet or smaller on any size parcel: A horse / hayshed 500 square feet or smaller for sheltering horses or other livestock, or for storing hay, that is not part of an agricultural operation.
- One 120 square feet storage shed on
one-acreor larger parcel: One storage shed 120 square feet or smaller, on a parcel one acre or larger.
- One home occupation: One home occupation, pursuant to Section 9-102: Home Occupations.
- One storage shed 120 square feet or smaller on parcel smaller than one acre: One storage shed, 120 square feet or smaller, on a parcel smaller than one acre.
- Pools and recreation facilities: Private swimming pools and private recreation facilities associated with a primary residence, and not part of a private club or membership group.
- Two fences: Fences, which shall comply with Section 13-113: Fencing.
- Two storage sheds 120 square feet on one acre or larger parcel: Two storage sheds, each no larger than 120 square feet, on a parcel one acre or larger.
- Integrated secondary residence 600 - 850 square feet on any legal lot: An integrated secondary residence 600 - 850 square feet in a primary residence on any legal lot that meets the standards pursuant to Section 9- 101: Fax: Standards for Integrated Secondary Residence.
A special event, pursuant to Section 9-501: Special Events.
Temporary structures, pursuant to Section 9-502: Temporary Structures.