Victim Services Unit - A Division of the Gunnison County Sheriff's Office
The Gunnison County Law Enforcement Crime Victim Services Unit provides victims and witnesses of crime an active role in the criminal justice process, as outlined and guaranteed by the Colorado Victim Rights Act (Colorado Revised Statutes 24-4.1-101 through 24-4.1-304).†The†Victim Services Unit serves as a liaison between†law enforcement personnel and the community by providing Community Education, Outreach programs, and support to civilians following critical incidents.
Members of the Victim Services Unit support law enforcement officers by responding to the scene of a crime or incident at the request of officers or victims, as well as obtaining and maintaining grants for partial funding of†special projects and needs related to victim assistance.
The Victim Services Unit maintains close working relationships with the following agencies in order to better serve our community and it's needs:
- Gunnison County Sheriff's Office
- City of Gunnison Police Department
- Town of Crested Butte Marshal's Office
- Town of Mt. Crested Butte Police Department
- Gunnison Department of Human Services
- Office of the District Attorney (7th District)
- Gunnison Combined Courts (Municipal, County, District)
|Gunnison County Victims Services Unit
Attn: Connie Carter Smith
200 N. Iowa
Gunnison, CO 81230
(Voicemail is available 24 hours per day)