Choice Pass Scholarships
Scholarship Guidelines 2016:
GCSAPP is pleased to announce the Choice Pass Community Fund is supported by a grant, business and individual donations from the Gunnison Valley and beyond! This year, thanks to a grant from the Community Foundation of the Gunnison Valley, Choice Pass has funds to award for Choice Pass scholarships! The Choice Pass Community Fund offers a limited number of need-based scholarships to support the purchase of CBMR pass and recreational memberships for Choice Pass Holders. Applications are now being accepted. The application deadline is November 10, 2016 for scholarships to be awarded on November 23, 2016 Please mail or hand deliver any scholarship applications to 200 E. Virginia, Gunnison, CO 81230.
- Awards may be 50-100% of the financial assistance requested by applicants. Once scholarships are awarded and paid; decisions are final.
- Scholarships are limited to a one time award for the 2016-2017 year per applicant.
- If the scholarship recipient breaks their Choice Pass pledge over the course of the year they will be required to complete 10-20 hours of community service to pay back their scholarship.
- GCSAPP will provide organizations from which the pass or membership is being purchased, with the scholarship recipient’s name.
- Organizations will invoice GCSAPP for the full amount of the pass, membership, or rental gear.
- GCSAPP will collect the remaining balance from the scholarship recipient, and deposit these funds in the Choice Pass Community Fund by December 11, 2016. This payment is not tax deductible. If the remaining balance is not paid by the scholarship recipient by this deadline, the award will made inactive until the balance is paid.
- GCSAPP will request invoices from organizations to be paid from Choice Pass Community Fund, a component fund of the Community Foundation of the Gunnison Valley.
Choice Pass Scholarship Application Requirements:
Applicants must complete the Choice Pass Scholarship Application and turn it in based on the deadlines listed above.
- Applicants must provide proof of financial need by obtaining documentation from various community resources available such as a pay stub, any type of public assistance, or free/reduced lunch and a brief statement of need.
- Applicants referred by Juvenile Services must submit a letter of support from Director, Janet Reinman, to demonstrate their financial need.
- Applicants are required to sign “a scholarship agreement form” requiring them to complete a thank you letter to the Choice Pass Committee and any donation of gear to local businesses. The letter will include any updates of the award winner on how the benefits of scholarship have helped them prior to April 30, 2016. All required letters may be mailed to 200 E. Virginia, Gunnison, CO 81230.
Choice Pass Scholarship Review Process:
The Scholarship Review Committee is comprised of the Choice Pass Committee; a group of volunteers in the Gunnison Valley. The Choice Pass Committee will meet after November 10th to review applications and announce scholarship awards by November 23, 2016.
- Applications will be reviewed “blind,” without applicant names visible to ensure fairness.
- Award information will be held confidential, only shared between GCSAPP and the applicants receiving the award.
Download Your 2016/2017 Choice Pass Scholarship form - English!
Download Your 2016/2017 Choice Pass Scholarship form - Spanish!
Download Your 2016/2017 Choice Pass Agreement form - English!
Download Your 2016/2017 Choice Pass Agreement form - Spanish!
The Choice Pass Community Fund is a component fund of the Community Foundation of the Gunnison Valley.