Gunnison County provides limited transportation services for seniors, with wheelchair accessible vehicles. In Gunnison, call 970-596-6700 to schedule a ride. Crested Butte residents may call 970-275-47687 to schedule transportation needs.
Guardianship & Conservatorship
The required forms for filing for guardianship and conservatorship in Colorado can be printed from the self-help center on the Colorado State Judicial website (look under “Probate”)
Veteran’s may receive assistance with questions about services or benefits by contacting Gunnison County’s Veteran’s Services Officer, Steve Otero at 970-641-7919. View Veteran Affairs services.
For information about Social Security or to apply for extra help with the cost of a Medicare Part D prescription drug plan visit the Official Website of the U.S. Social Security Administration.
For more information about Medicare visit the Official U.S. Government Site for Medicare.
Region 10 Area Aging On Aging provides financial support for a dental prevention program that provides oral health screenings, charting and cleanings for those 60 and better. Stop by the Senior Resource Office for an application or download a Dental Application.
The Gunnison County Housing Authority provides information on housing resources, including the Mountain View Apartments (Independent Living for those over 62 years of age). Contact them at 970-641-7900 or visit the Gunnison County Housing Authority.
Health & Human Services
Gunnison County Department of Health and Human Services provides assistance with LEAP, food assistance, Medicaid, Adult Protective Services, Old Age Pension, and much more. Contact them at 970-641-3244 or visit the Gunnison County Department of Health and Human Services Department.
- Depression and mental illnesses require the support of a professional who can provide support and guidance. If you, or someone you know, needs support don’t wait. Call The Center for Mental Health at 970-641-0229.
- Twelve Step Meetings in Gunnison (AA, NA, and Gambler’s Anonymous) - Meetings vary throughout the week. Call 970-245-9649 or go to www.aa-westerncolorado.org for a current schedule and location.
Here is a listing of some of the supports available in the Gunnison area:
- In-home Care offered by Touch of Care (Private pay or Medicaid) 1-866-874-6115.
- Caregiver support to include Home Health, Palliative Care contact Nici Graves at 970-641-4254
- Home delivered meals are available for a fee by contacting (within Gunnison city limits) Young At Heart at 970-641-2107 Monday, Wednesday, and Friday between the hours of 8:00 AM and 11:00 AM. For areas outside Young at Heart’s delivery area, check out Mom’s Meals.