The National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration
National Weather Service Offices:
- 2017 FLOOD SEASON PREPAREDNESS - SPRING RUN-OFF
- 2017 FLOOD SEASON PREPAREDNESS - FLOOD INSURANCE
- Clear Snow Away from Fire Hydrants, Dryer Vents & Meters
- Winter Weather Preparedness: AVALANCHES!
- Gunnison Basin Wildfire Council Public Service Announcement: Fire Danger in Gunnison County is High
- Winter Weather Preparedness: Outlooks, Watches & Warnings – What do they mean?
- Winter Weather Preparedness: WINTER TRAVEL SAFETY
- Safety Tips when Recylcing Batteries
- Emergency Preparedness Kits
Emergency Phone Notifications
Register with the Gunnison County website and subscribe to Notify Me! to receive emergency notifications (text message and/or email). Notifications you receive from Notify Me! will pertain to the local area and Gunnison County ONLY.
Register with the "Code Red" Wireless Emergency Notification System (click on the logo) to receive emergency notifications by recorded message, text message and/or email. The "Code Red" Wireless Emergency Notification System is used for general alerts regarding road closures, road conditions or severe weather and is primarily for commuters, visitors and residents. A text message will be sent to your mobile number and/or email outlining the nature of the emergency. Download the mobile app to receive notifications of emergencies based on your GPS location. Please take a moment to verify, update, or register the appropriate information and begin receiving emergency notifications.