Driveways Accessing a County Road
A Gunnison County Access Permit is required if you want to provide vehicular access to or from a county road, or to property adjoining a county road. Permits can be obtained from the Gunnison County Public Works Department.

Driveways Accessing a State or Federal Road
If you want to locate and construct a driveway onto any state or federal road, you'll need to obtain a Highway Access Permit from the Colorado Department of Transportation.