The mission of the Community Development Department is to provide land use, building and environmental health services to property owners, developers and all community members so they can achieve a balance of economic development and environmental protection.
The Gunnison County Community Development Department includes:
- Current Planning (land use permitting)
- Oil and Gas Projects
- Long Range Planning
- Environmental Health
- Licensing -Marijuana Cultivation, Manufacturing, and Testing
Brush Creek Road Workforce Housing Project
Friday, February 16, 2018 , the Gunnison County Planning Commission and the Board of County Commissioners will conduct a joint public hearing on the proposed Brush Creek Road Workforce Housing Project. The joint public hearing will be conducted in the Ballroom at the Lodge at Mountaineer Square, 620 Gothic Road, Mt. Crested Butte, Co.
You may submit written comments at firstname.lastname@example.org. All comments will be forwarded to the Board of County Commissioners and the Planning Commissioners.
Commissions Facilitated by Community Development
Information about these volunteer groups that includes minutes, agendas and lists of current members. The Community Development Department provides the staffing for each of these groups:
- Planning Commission
- Environmental Health Board
- Gunnison Basin Sage-grouse Strategic Committee
- Sustainable Tourism & Outdoor Recreation Committee
- Board of Adjustments
- Board of Appeals
Customer Service Survey
Customer Service SurveyThe Community Development Staff would really appreciate your thoughts.
Click the Permit Database ( in the column to the left ), to view all of the Community Development Department's types of PERMITS & PROJECTS
The department is primarily responsible for:
- Ensuring that land uses within the county are developed and maintained in compliance with the county's adopted codes and regulations
- Overseeing permit reviews for those uses
- Issuing building permits, on-site wastewater treatment system permits, land use change permits, and a variety of other more specialized permits
- Provide professional consulting, facilitation, and code development services to the county to create a high performing, prosperous, interconnected community
Copies of regulations are available online and/or in hard copy from the Community Development Department.
Agencies & Resources: Information Related to Land Use Planning
Please browse our helpful links page.
Determining Site Specific Details About Your Property using the County Mapping Information
Please use this link to access mapping instructions.
One Valley Prosperity Project
**Additional information and resources related to the One Valley ProsperityProject regional and economic information.