The mission of the Community Development Department is to provide land use, building and environmental health services to property owners, developers and all community members so they can achieve a balance of economic development and environmental protection.
The Gunnison County Community Development Department includes:
- Current Planning (land use permitting)
- Oil and Gas Projects
- Long Range Planning
- Environmental Health
- Licensing -Marijuana Cultivation, Manufacturing, and Testing
**Click the Permit Database ( in the column to the left ), to view all of the Community Development Department's types of PERMITS & PROJECTS **
The department is primarily responsible for:
- Ensuring that land uses within the county are developed and maintained in compliance with the county's adopted codes and regulations
- Overseeing permit reviews for those uses
- Issuing building permits, on-site wastewater treatment system permits, land use change permits, and a variety of other more specialized permits
- Provide professional consulting, facilitation, and code development services to the county to create a high performing, prosperous, interconnected community
Copies of regulations are available online and/or in hard copy from the Community Development Department.
Boards & Commissions
Information about these volunteer groups that includes minutes, agendas and lists of current members. The Community Development Department provides the staffing for each of these groups:
- Gunnison County Planning Commission
- Gunnison County Environmental Health Board
- Gunnison County Board of Adjustments
- Gunnison County Building Board of Appeals
Agencies & Resources: Information Related to Land Use Planning
Please browse our helpful links page
Determining Site Specific Details About Your Property- using the County Mapping Information -
**Additional information and resources related to the One Valley Prosperity Project regional and economic information.